Placer County TART Title VI Complaint Procedure – TART

Railyard Mobility Hub Open/Truckee Route Change

The new Railyard Mobility Hub in Truckee has been added as a stop on all Local and Regional routes. The HWY 267 route will no longer serve the Truckee Train Depot but will serve the Railyard Mobility Hub and the new stop by the Beacon Gas Station. HWY 89 and Truckee Local Westbound buses will NOT pull into the Depot lot - please wait at the new stop across the street from the Depot. Maps have been posted on TART buses and at bus stops. For questions, please call the TART office at (530) 550-1212.

Placer County TART Title VI Complaint Procedure

This document outlines the Title VI complaint procedures related to providing programs, services, and benefits. It does not, however, deny the complainant the right to file formal complaints with the California Department of Transportation, the Secretary of the US Department of Transportation, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), Federal Transit Administration (FTA), or to seek private counsel for complaints alleging discrimination, intimidation or retaliation of any kind that is prohibited by law.

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 requires that no person in the United States, on the grounds of race, color or national origin be excluded from, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. Two Executive Orders extend Title VI protections to Environmental Justice, which also protects persons of low income, and Limited English Proficiency (LEP).

Title VI Complaint Procedure:

  1. Any person who believes that they have been subjected to discrimination may file a written complaint with the Placer County Department of Public Works. Federal and State law requires complaints be filed within one-hundred eighty (180) calendar days of the last alleged incident.
  2. The complaint must be completed on the Title VI Complaint Form.

    If the complainant is unable to write a complaint, Placer County Department of Public Works staff will assist the complainant. If requested by complainant, Placer County will provide a language or sign interpreter. The complaint may be sent to the following address:Placer County Department of Public Works
    3091 County Center Drive, Suite 220
    Auburn, CA 95603
  3. Complainants also have the right to complain directly to the Federal Transit Administration Office of Civil Rights, Attention Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590 . Complaints must be filed within one-hundred eighty (180) calendar days of the last alleged incident.
  4. Placer County Department of Public Works will begin an investigation within fifteen (15) working days of receipt of a complaint.
  5. Placer County Department of Public Works will contact the complainant in writing no later than thirty (30) working days after receipt of complaint for additional information, if needed. If the complainant fails to provide the requested information in a timely basis,Placer County Department of Public Works may administratively close the complaint.
  6. Placer County Department of Public Works will complete the investigation within ninety (90) days of receipt of the complaint. If additional time for investigation is needed, the Complainant will be contacted. A written investigation report will be prepared by the investigator. This report shall include a summary description of the incident, findings and recommended corrective action.
  7. A closing letter will be provided to the complainant. The respondent or respondent department will also receive a copy of the closing letter. Each will have five (5) working days from receipt of the report to appeal. If neither party appeals, the complaint will be closed.
  8. If the complainant is dissatisfied with the written decision, he or she may file a written appeal with the Director of Public Works, 3091 County Center Drive #220, Auburn CA, 95603 no later than 15 days of the date of the mailing of the decision and must be signed by the complainant or by someone authorized to do so on the complainant’s behalf. If deemed necessary, the Director of Public Works may seek assistance from the Placer County Risk Management Division for further investigation.